"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value." --
There are eleven primary values (or measures of success) that inspire us to keep going when the going gets rough and that motivate us to improve as individuals.
Take a look at these values and pick 5 that are the most important to YOU (don't worry about what other people want for (or from) you).
There are no right or wrong choices. This is simply a clarifying exercise (it's easier to attract what you want when you're real about what it is you REALLY want).
- Seeing the results of my efforts and intentions
- Regularly setting and accomplish goals
- Having more time for leisure/recreation/fun
- Having great health and wellness
- Doing something others said couldn't be done
- Solving challenging problems
- Helping those who can't help themselves
- Making the world a better place to live
- Using and developing my creative talent
- Contributing/Inventing new techniques and approaches
- Being free from the constraints and limitations of others
- Setting my own goals and schedule
- Being true to my personal values and morals
- Living by clear principles and boundaries
- Having financial abundance and security
- Having unlimited income potential
- Ability to influence others/Be an "agent of change"
- Being a "mover & shaker" in my community and/or work
- Being respected by the people around me
- Working with well-known organization/people
- Spending quality time with family and friends
- Meeting and collaborating with new and interesting people
Now look at your top three values and decide if your current thoughts, feelings and actions are aligned with them. Maya Angelou has a great quote, "Success is loving life and daring to live it.
P.S. These values are also great starting points for selecting a niche for your business. If they're important to you-- it's likely that your ideal clients value them too!
Success is a journey....enjoy the ride!